Вы здесь

Главная » Kostanay region. Towns and settlements of Northern Kazakhstan.

Settlement of Turgai.

Trip to settlement Turgai.

"Inside the Kirghiz steppe, Obruchev founded two fortifications in 1845: Orenburg on the Turgai River and Ural on the Irgiz River, renamed in 1868 into the cities of Turgai and Irgiz. The establishment of these first Russian settlements in the Orenburg Kirghiz steppe was caused by the following circumstance. In the early forties years, the Kyrgyz steppes were agitated by the rebellious Sultan Kenesary Kasymov.When detachments were sent against him from the Orenburg line, he went to the Siberian steppe, and when detachments were sent from Siberia, he again appeared in the Orenburg steppe, and so on. This forced the Orenburg authorities to ask permission to send detachments in the steppe in the fall, so that in the spring they could start pursuing Kenesary. But then, naturally, the question arose: how to ensure the winter stay of the detachments in the steppe? Correspondence began on this issue, in which from the temporary winter stay of the detachments in the stay there, to the device of fortifications".

"Journey through the Kyrgyz steppes and the Turkestan region". Member of the Military Registration Committee of the General Staff, Lieutenant General Alexei Maksheev.

Book travel to Kostanay region.

The village of Turgay (kaz. Torgay) is located at an altitude of 114 meters above sea level, on the Turgay plateau, on the right bank of the Turgai River, is the administrative center of the Dzhangeldy district, located in the southwest of Lake Sarykopa, in the southwest of the Kostanay region.
The administrative center and the only settlement of the Torgai rural district. On July 22, 1845, the Orenburg detachment under the command of Major Tomilin, who acted against the uprising of Kenesary Kasymov, on the right bank of the Turgai River, planned a place for a stronghold, where a fortification called Orenburg was erected.
The first settlers were the Orenburg Cossacks. ay 31, 1845, according to decree 462 of the military governor of Orenburg Obruchev. A fortification was built around Beskopa (the former name of Torgai), located on the opposite side of Dzharykkuz on the right bank of the Turgai River.
Shortly thereafter, on 25 September, military barracks were built. The documents indicate that this place lay along the caravan route Tashkent - Zhamankala - Troitsk. The fortress was originally called Orenburg. Two companies of soldiers and about a hundred Kazakh families settled here, in 1868 the fortress was officially named a town.
Historical records indicate that the urban population in 1876 reached 570, at the end of the XIXth century - 999, in 1902 - 1180, and before the revolution of 1916 - 1240 people. By decree of the governor, the families of people released from military service, such as Denisov, Tokarev, Shishkov, Saryshchev, Koryakov, were displaced.
The families of Nazmuzdinov, Yaushev, Galiolla, Khakimzhan, Jalali, Pilgrims Alfat, Fayzrakhman and others were settled among the Tatar merchants. Wealthy Kazakhs also took part in the construction of the city. The descendants of Shegen biy had a house for each.
Baikadam Karaldin is one of the first educated Kazakhs of that time, to some extent his house became a cultural center. For the first time in the region, a bridge was built on the Turgai River by the folk master Konyrsh.
Under the leadership of the great educator I. Altynsarin, in 1861 the construction of the first school began, and on January 8, 1864 it opened. In 1883, a specialized school with a boarding school began to work. With the introduction of the steppe position in 1868, the fortification was renamed the county town of Turgai, which became the administrative center of the Turgai district of the Turgai region.
After the establishment of Soviet power in the region in 1928, the settlement became a district center. During the civil war in 1918, Soviet power was established in Turgai, but in April 1919, as a result of an anti-Soviet rebellion, Turgai was captured by the Alash Horde.
Finally, Soviet power was established in Turgai at the end of 1919. In 1999, the population of the village was 6462 (3177 men and 3285 women). According to the 2009 census, 5767 people (2799 men and 2968 women) lived in the village.
As of January 1, 2016, the population of the village was 4860 people (2372 men and 2488 women). Since 1936, the village and the district have been attached to the Kostanay region. In 1970 - 1976, 1990 - 1997, the district became part of the Turgai region.
The village is currently the administrative, social and cultural center of the region. The population reached 5.6,000 (2009). There are telecommunication and communication centers, transport and housing enterprises, several general education schools, music schools, a central hospital, a polyclinic, a pharmacy, a bathhouse, a library, and a club.
In the village there are: a local history museum, the museums of I. Altynsarin, A. Baitursynov and M. Dulatov, the house-museum of N. Akhmetbekov, several historical sites and architectural monuments. In the southwestern part of the village, 340 meters from the right bank of the Turgai River, there are the ruins of the first Orenburg fortification.
Geographic coordinates of Orenburg fortification: N49°37'11.92" E63°29'45.51"
Geographical coordinates of Turgai settlement: N49°37'56.07" E63°29'28.84"