You are here

Home » West-Kazakhstan region. Towns and villages of Western Kazakhstan.

The settlement of Urda (Bokey Orda) History.

Tours to Kazakhstan.

“In 1824, in order to secure the people to the land and instill in them a settled way of life, Khan Zhangir petitioned to build a house for himself. In 1826, 36 102 rubles 73 kopecks were allocated from the state treasury for construction and the necessary materials. To draw up a project for the house and carry out construction work, an engineer-lieutenant Tafaev was sent to the Horde from the Orenburg Separate Corps”

Visit to of Urda (Bokey Orda).

The settlement of Urda was founded as the headquarters of the Khan of the Bukeevsk (internal) horde - a vassal formation within the Russian Empire. In 1826, according to the project of the military engineer Tapayev, taking into account the wishes of the Khan Dzhanger (now called Zhangir-Kerey-Khan), the construction of the khan's house was made, which became an incentive for the transition to a settled way of the local Kazakh population.
A settlement was formed at the house of Khan Dzhanger, which later grew into the city of Khan Headquarters, which became the center of the political, economic and cultural life of the Bukeev Khanate. In 1826, the first Kazakh vaccinator, Syrlybay Dzhanibekov, carried out the first vaccinations against smallpox at the Khan's Headquarters.
From that time on, Khan Dzhanger began to petition for the construction of a mosque and a school in the Khan Headquarters, as well as for the establishment of a postal service and a hospital. The khan also considered it useful to establish fairs in order to strengthen order in the Khan's headquarters.
The Armory was set up by Khan Dzhanger in one of the rooms of his house; it contained specimens of weapons from different times and peoples, as well as objects and relics of family and dynastic value. The Armory was the first museum in Kazakhstan, it was opened in 1828.
In 1832, a fair was established at the Khan's Headquarters, which operated twice a year for 15 days, in spring and autumn.
In 1832, the first freelance physician A.A. Sergachev was sent to the Khan Headquarters.
In 1835, the Khan mosque was opened, Tatars served in the mosque as mullahs, called akhuns.
In 1839, the first pharmacy in the territory of modern Kazakhstan was opened in the Khanskaya Stavka.
In 1840, the first veterinarian K.P. Oldekop began to work at the Khan's Headquarters.
On April 2, 1841, a postal service was established between the Khanskaya Headquarters and the city of Cherny Yar.
On December 6, 1841, the first Russian-Kazakh school in the territory of modern Kazakhstan was opened at the Khan's Headquarters. The school taught religion, Russian, arithmetic, geography and a short course on Russian history.
A student of this school was a prominent Kazakh scientist-ethnographer, ethnographer, member of the Russian Geographical Society Mukhamedsalyk Babazhanov, who was awarded the silver medal of this society.
Khan Janger died in 1845. In the same year, the first full-time doctor, V.F. Yevlanov, was appointed to the Khan Headquarters, who opened the first hospital with 4 beds.
In 1848, the "Military-statistical review of the lands of the Kirghiz-Kaisaks of the Internal (Bukeevskaya) and Trans-Ural (Small) hordes of the Orenburg department for reconnaissance and materials collected on the spot, compiled by the chief quartermaster of the Orenburg corps of the General Staff, Colonel I. F. Blaramberg" was published , it contains the following description of the Khan's Headquarters:
“Here, besides the Khan's courtyard, which consists of a vast wooden house with outbuildings, services and a mosque, there are houses belonging to the Khan:
stone - 1, wooden - 7. Houses of Russian owners - 12, houses of Tatars - 19, houses of Kyrgyz sultans - 5, houses of ordinary Kyrgyz - 5, total houses 49".
In 1852, a public hospital with 16 beds was opened.
In 1860, the khan's power in the territory of the Bukeev Horde was finally liquidated.
In 1861, a geodetic department with a three-year training was opened in the Khan's Headquarters at the school, in which 6 students studied land surveying under the guidance of an officer sent to the horde for geodetic work.
In 1862, at the request of the Chairman of the Provisional Council for the Management of the Internal Horde, Colonel K.I.
In 1867, the Treasury was opened at the Khan's Headquarters, which served as a bank.
In 1869, mobile firefighting carts appeared in the Khan Headquarters - horses harnessed to carts with barrels and teams of firefighters of 5 people.
In 1870, the first meteorological station in the territory of modern Kazakhstan was opened in the Khan's headquarters.
In 1879, the Russian-Kazakh school was transformed into a two-grade school, in which 45 boarders and 14 Russian and Armenian children, who then lived in the Khan's headquarters, studied.
In 1883, a female one-class school with a boarding school for 20 Kazakh and Russian girls, whose graduates were well-known intellectuals in Kazakhstan: Alma Orazbayeva, Madina Begalieva, Ekaterina Knyazeva, etc.
In 1911, on the initiative of the poet Shangerey Bukeev and a group of intellectuals, the first newspaper "Kazakhstan" appeared in Kazakh, Russian and Tatar languages, published in the Khan Headquarters and Uralsk, the editor of which was the teacher Yeleusin Buirin. The newspaper was published with the financial assistance of an Azerbaijani oil industrialist from Baku, Zeinel-Gabiden Tagiyev.
In 1917 - 1925 - the administrative center of the Bukeevskaya province, in 1925-1928 - the Bukeevsky district.
Soviet power in the Khan Headquarters was established in the summer of 1918. On September 1-10, 1918, the “Congress of the Kirghiz of the Bukeev Horde” convened by the Bolsheviks and the congress of mutallim (people's teachers) were held at the Khan's Headquarters.
For the first time in Kazakhstan the Communist Youth Union was organized in the Khan Headquarters. In October 1918, according to the order of the Commander-in-Chief of all the Armed Forces of the Russian SFSR, Vatsetis, the I Soviet Model Kyrgyz Cavalry Regiment was created, the number of the regiment's personnel at the end of May 1919 reached 1,700 fighters.
In 1918, the first Soviet Kazakh printing house was opened in the Khanskaya Stavka, where the newspapers Khabar, Put 'Pravdy, Kirgizskaya Pravda, the pedagogical magazine G. Karash "Uchitel" and others were published.
At the beginning of June 1919, the III Regional Kyrgyz Congress of the Bukeev Horde was held at the Khan's Headquarters.
In July 1919, the commander of the Eastern Front M. Frunze ordered the formation of a separate Kyrgyz cavalry brigade from units formed at the Khan Headquarters and units formed in Atkarsk and transferred to the Khan Headquarters, which was later deployed to the Kyrgyz Cavalry Division.
Since 1919, the newspaper "Durystyk Zholy" ("Path of Truth") was published in the Khan's Headquarters - the organ of the Bukeevsky sub-department of the Kyrgyz department of the People's Commissariat of the RSFSR.
On July 16, 1920, the territory of the Bukeevskaya horde (Bukeevskaya province) became part of the newly formed Kyrgyz ASSR as part of the Russian SFSR.
In 1925, Urda became part of the Kazak ASSR as part of the Russian SFSR, where it was transferred to the Ural (West Kazakhstan) region as a city, the administrative center of the Bukeevsky district and the Urda volost of the same district.
In 1927, the city of Urda was called Narimanovsk for some time.
On January 7, 1929, it lost the status of a city on the basis of the Decree of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee.
On December 5, 1936, Urda, as part of the Kazakh SSR, was withdrawn from the Russian SFSR.
In 1955, a memorial composition was erected in Urda in honor of 80 soldiers of the 1st Kazakh Cavalry Regiment, who, led by their political commissar B. Zhanikeshev, died in the attack of Anokhin's gang.
The Urda Historical-Revolutionary Museum was opened on December 15, 1962, and in 1969 the museum was given the status of a state one.
In 2002, the Bokey Orda Historical and Museum Complex was formed as part of the following museums: Museum of the History of the Bukey Horde, Museum of Independence, Armory of the Khan's Palace, Museum of the History of the First School of Kazakhstan.
On February 18, 2006, the village was renamed Khan Ordasy.
It is unclear whether the village was renamed from Urda to Orda, since the name of Urda remained for a long time on maps officially published in Kazakhstan, so on the topographic map at a scale of 1: 500,000, sheet M-38-G, published in 2002, so and on the map of the West Kazakhstan region (scale 1: 1 000 000), published in 2003
However, the consolidated directory of renaming of the Republic of Kazakhstan states that on February 18, 2006, the Orda village was renamed into Khan Ordasy, while in the text of the Joint Decision of the West Kazakhstan Regional Maslikhat dated February 18, 2006 No. 25-5 and the resolution of the West Kazakhstan Regional Akimat dated February 10, 2006 No. 48 (registered by the Department of Justice of the West Kazakhstan region on March 13, 2006 No. 2956), to which the above-mentioned directory refers, on the contrary, it is stated: "Rename the village of Urda to the village of Khan Ordasy".
The last renaming was reflected on the officially published geographical maps: on the map of the West Kazakhstan region (scale 1: 1,000,000), republished in 2009, the name of Khan Ordasy has already been given.

Authority and phptos: