You are here

Home » Kostanay town monuments. Travel and tours to of Kostanay and Northern Kazakhstan.

Museum of Akhmet Baitursynov in Kostanay.

Kazakhstan Family tours.

“It takes a second to find out the truth, but ten years will not be enough to get used to it, to realize it”

Akhmet Baitursynov.

Museum tours in Kostanay.

Akhmet Baytursynov Museum was opened in 1998 in honor of the 125th anniversary of the birth of Baytursynov. Initially, the museum was located in the main building university. In 2003 the museum celebrated its small anniversary - its fifth anniversary.
During this time, about 1500 exhibits have appeared here, telling about the life of an extraordinary, talented person - Akhmet Baitursynov. Among the museum exhibits are photographs from the homeland of Baitursynov - Sarytubek tract at the mouth of the Zhelanchik and Akkol rivers.
A handful of earth from the grave of Father Baitursynov, a brick from the foundation of the house. Truly unique things are also kept here: the original of A. Baitursynov's lifetime collection of poems "Masa" (translated into Russian - "Komar") and a cane trimmed with silver, the first issue of the newspaper "Kazakh", published in 1913 in Orenburg.
As is well known, its editor was Akhmet Baitursynov, and Alikhan Bukeikhanov and Myrzhakyp Dulatov were collaborators. The newspaper was in demand: it was read both in Russia and in China. This is evidenced by the publication's forwarding (distribution) map
There are also photographs of relatives and associates, Baitursynov's family tree, things that relate to the period of his life. Former akim of the region Umirzak Shukeyev donated to the museum a rare medal "Man of the Century" with the image of A. Baitursynov.
It was issued in a small print run by the decision of the public council formed by the Abylai Khan International Foundation, the Kazakh Society for the Protection of Historical and Cultural Monuments and the Altyn Adam Foundation.
The bust of Akhmet Baitursynov was donated to the museum by sculptor Adil Chutaev. On the initiative of the rector of the university Nametov A.M. On April 15, 2010, the Akhmet Baitursynov Museum was transferred from the main building of the university to a separate room - a building built in 1910, which at the beginning of 2010 received the status of a historical one.
The opening of the renovated museum is timed to the 70th anniversary of KSU named after A. Baitursynov. There is an auditorium in the vicinity of the museum, where classes on Baitursynology are held - a subject introduced into the curriculum of KSU students.

Authority and photos: